Clinics & Services
In accordance with The Department of Health guidelines, we recommend Influenza Vaccination for patients with diabetes, heart, lung or kidney disease and residents of nursing and rest homes. In addition, all adults are recommended to have tetanus booster immunisations every ten years after the initial course of three immunisations.
Pnuemovax is for protection against a bacteria that often causes pneumonia. It is recommended.
- Anytime by appointment with all Doctors.
- Midwives - The community midwives who look after Old Steine patients run their antenatal clinic all day Fridays from the Tarner Children’s Centre, Ivory Place, Brighton, BN2 9QE. Please Telephone 01273 296700 for appointments with them.
For more information on asthma please visit the NHS Choices/Asthma website
Cervical smears are undertaken by the Practice Nurses. The National Screening Programme offers testing to women aged 25-49 every 3 years, and aged 50-64 every 5 years. Please do not ignore your recall letter.
This clinic is run by our Nurses Julie Lord and Natalie Geraghty. For more information on immunisations please visit the NHS Immunisation Information website
By appointment with Dr Martin, Dr Herford, Dr Hooley or Julie Lord, Nurse Practitioner.
We run a family planning and sexual health clinic on:
Wednesdays (Dr Gersten) 3:30pm - 6:00pm
For more information on family planning please visit the Family Planning Association website.
Health Promotion Clinic
Also known as ‘MOT’ checks, these three yearly checks are available to anyone aged 16 - 75 years upon request.
Please ask us at Reception.
Dr Jenkins performs minor operations every Tuesday from 3:30 to 4:30pm. Pre-Assessment consultations can be held with any of the Doctors or Nurses.
New Patient Appointment
This important appointment ensures that we have all the essential information about new patients before their notes arrive at the practice.
If you have recently registered at the Practice please be sure to have a new patient health check.
Nurse Practitioner Appointments / Minor Illnesses
By appointment with Nurse Julie Lord. Julie can assess you if you have
- a sore throat or infection,
- a chest infection or difficulty breathing (Children from age 3+ can be assessed),
- all skin problems such as chickenpox and measles (Children from age 5+ can be assessed),
- ear problems (Children from age 3+ can be assessed),
- musculoskeletal pain in limbs
- vaginal problems.
Smoking Cessation Clinic
By appointment with Sarah our Health Practitioner.
For more information on stopping smoking please visit the NHS Giving Up Smoking website.
Our GPs offer special advice to anyone with contraceptive problems - in total confidence.